Business Manager - Full-time position
Immanuel Christian School is a growing Christian school offering a Junior Kindergarten through Grade 8 program in Oshawa, Ontario. We offer our employees competitive salaries, a pension plan and benefits along with a chance to impact the next generation for Christ through quality Christian education.
The Company: Immanuel Christian School was founded in 1962 in Oshawa, Ontario. We are made up of a small team of diverse teachers and administrators who are making an eternal impact in the lives of young students in the Durham Region. We currently run our school inside a 30,000 square foot elementary school in the north Oshawa area. Our current enrollment of 137 students (and growing quickly), enjoy excellent educational programming with a Christian worldview.
· Our mission is to provide a learning environment of academic excellence with a Christian worldview to cultivate the best in our students.
· Our core values at ICS include: Christlike Character, Academic Excellence, Curiosity, Resilience, Inclusivity and Integrity.
· We believe in providing an excellent working environment for our employees where they can take part in achieving our shared goals, can thrive in their field and feel that they belong to an outstanding team.
The Position: We are looking for a full-time Business Manager.
Remuneration is dependent on education, experience and skills but is a fair and competitive salary.
· competitive benefits packages for individuals and families.
· a generous pension where contributions are matched by the school.
· paid vacation time.
· professional development opportunities
· belonging to the Durham Edvance cohort where belonging to a larger family of Christian schools which provides support and inspiration.
Requirements: The following is a list of the qualifications that are necessary for the Business Manager position.
● Education level - College or University degree/diploma or related experience as a business leader.
● Experience - 2+ years experience in operational leadership and management in 80% of the key areas listed below.
● Specific skills - finance management, operations management, sales & marketing experience, leading teams, strategic leadership, some HR experience, QuickBooks online experience would be helpful but not necessary.
● Personal characteristics - highly organized, highly motivated, multi-tasking, managing deadlines, some stressful situations, high emotional intelligence, results driven.
● Licenses - must have at least a G drivers license, current vulnerable sector police check.
Responsibilities: The Business Manager will provide day-to-day operational leadership and management of all non-educational aspects of running the school including some long term project management.
Successful operations management will be achieved when organization, professionalism, efficiency and stability is observed in the following key areas:
● Finances - manage and run the financial operations of the school using sound practices and established processes including but not limited to receipting tuition, donation and fundraising activities following CRA guidelines.
● Transportation - manage and run a transportation service of 2 vans and 1 full-size yellow bus following all MTO and CVOR requirements.
● Facilities - operate and manage our 30,000 sq foot facility as the tenant of the DCDSB including managing our current janitorial vendor.
● Sales & Marketing - working with the Principal, maintain an organized and high performing sales and marketing funnel which includes but is not limited to the school’s website, social media marketing, customer relationship management and sales processes.
● Humans Resources - help maintain an organized and professional Human Resources system. This role is shared with the Principal.
● Strategic planning and leadership - take an active role in looking at the future plans for ICS, setting goals for key performance indicators and creating processes and plans to achieve them.
● Working with the Board of Directors - attend monthly meetings and help take an active role in the leadership and direction of the school.
A separate task list will be provided before the interview. The Business Manager will co-lead the day-to-day running of the school alongside the Principal. This position sits alongside the Principal in ranking on the organizational leadership chart and is key to the success and long term stability of the school.
The Location: Immanuel Christian School is based in Oshawa, ON. This is a great place to live because it is only 40 mins to downtown Toronto, ON and as a city of over 170,000 in population, the greater Oshawa area has it all. Shopping, amenities and many churches make Oshawa an ideal place to live.
Why Should You Apply? · Competitive salary · Great benefits · Reasonable hours · Opportunities for on-the-job training · Work with a great team!
Interested candidates should apply by sending a covering letter, a statement of faith and current resume to email@example.com
As our need is urgent, we will start contacting potential candidates before the end date of submission but will consider all applications if received by the deadline. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Other Positions available at ICS:
Back-up School Van Drivers Wanted - Must have valid "E" license or higher. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org