The ICS Uniform
Dressed for Excellence
Immanuel Christian School is excited to introduce our new uniform provider, DGN Kilters! DGN Kilters is a professional company that works with many private, Christian and Catholic schools across the province.
ICS Uniform Requirements:
All students are required to be in uniform every school day, unless otherwise communicated by the school. We have 2 types of uniforms, everyday and formal. Some items must be purchased from our uniform provider, DGN Kilters, using our school link. Some items may be purchased from alternate retailers’ uniform lines. These include Old Navy, The Gap, Carter’s, and Children’s Place. For the rest of the 2022-23 school year only, items originally purchased through Lands’ End, or other retailers may be worn as we transition to our new provider.
Below is the list of which clothing items need to be worn and when.
Everyday (Informal) Wear
- Everyday Wear items can be found below the bundles on the ICS/United Promotions website ∙ Short or long-sleeved polos:
- White, with no logo, may be purchased from alternate retailers
- White, with logo, purchased ONLY from DGN Kilters
- Royal Blue, with logo, purchased ONLY from DGN Kilters
- Previously purchased Cobalt Blue, with or without logo, for 2022-23 year only
- Sweaters and hoodies:
- All sweaters and hoodies require a school logo and therefore, must be purchased from DGN Kilters
- Sweaters: Navy pull-over or button-up cardigan (Lands’ End sweaters are permitted for rest of 2022-23 school year)
- Hoodies: Royal blue full-zip or no-zip from previous providers permitted for duration of 2022-23 school year.
- No other shirts, polos, sweaters, or hoodies are permitted.
- If a shirt must be worn underneath the polo, no images or logos should be visible. It must be white.
- Non-logo white polos can be purchased from alternate retailers. Blue polos must be purchased from DGN Kilters. Cobalt blue polos may be worn for the 2022-23 school year only. ∙ For the 2022-23 school year only, non-logo blue polos previously purchased from alternate retailers or purchased from Lands’ End will be permitted.
- Options include pants, shorts, jumpers, skirts, or skorts/scooters.
- Shorts, scooters (like skorts) and jumpers are available through DGN Kilters. All bottoms are to be solid navy in colour and can be purchased from alternate retailers. ∙ Pants or shorts must be khakis, chinos, or dress pants. No leggings, cargo, track, or active wear. Pants are not to have elastic cuffs.
- For everyday (informal) wear, socks can be any colour.
- Tights must be navy in colour.
- Indoor shoes: athletic running shoe with non-marking soles, any colour
Formal wear is required for picture day and some field trips, and any other times decided on by school staff. Advanced notice will be given by the school when formal uniform is required.
- Must be purchased from DGN Kilters, see “Formal Wear” bundle on website. ∙ White short -sleeved polos, with a logo
- Navy pull-over or button-up cardigan sweater
- Formal wear sweaters and cardigans previously purchased from past providers are permitted, if they are in good condition for the duration of the 2022-23 school year.
- Hoodies are not permitted on formal days.
- Every student must have these 2 items to be properly dressed for formal day requirements.
- Navy pants, or skirts/scooter
- Shorts for field trips, only when indicated by staff
- Navy tights or black socks
- Same as everyday wear
Gym & Sports Uniform
Only required for students in Grades 5-8. Must be purchased from DGN Kilters, for both boys and girls. See “Gym Wear” bundle on website.
- Royal Blue t-shirt
- Navy shorts
How to Order:
- Orders are placed on our unique uniform website => (coming soon) The order will be placed there, by credit card.
- You will see that uniforms are divided into sections. At the top you will see formal wear bundles and gym wear bundles, for ease of ordering. Below the bundles you will see a list of all the different items available for both formal wear and everyday wear. All items, except shorts and scooters, come with a logo at no additional cost. We have 4 sections of uniforms. Girls and Boys sizes as well as Ladies and Men’s sizes.
- Orders are placed only within a designated window of time. The first order window is *July 1 - July 24*. No orders can be accepted before or after those dates until another ordering window is opened. There will be additional order windows during the school year, with the next one occurring in the fall.
- All orders are delivered to your home 3-4 weeks after the close of the order window. For this first order, they will be ready in time for the new school year.
- Returns and Exchanges: Should you need to return or exchange an item; you must return it directly to DGN Kilters using their return shipping label. Please order carefully using the sizing charts and check your items as soon as you receive them as you will be charged shipping if you need to order again. However, all orders over $150 will qualify for free shipping.
- If you have questions about the uniform pieces offered by DGN Kilters, please use the “How can we help?” button at the bottom of the website.
We also strongly encourage you to label all pieces with your child’s name so that when misplaced or lost it can be returned. Your support in working together to achieve dress excellence will ensure that learning remains the primary focus of Immanuel Christian School.
Uniform Resale Program
Our Uniform sale provides an affordable option for parents to purchase gently used clothing that falls under the ICS Uniform policy and guidelines.
If you wish to support the school and other school families in need, please consider donating your gently used school clothing. Please ensure all items are clean and in good condition.
Other items of note:
- You will need to purchase pants and/or other bottoms from other providers, as listed in our requirements. If you choose, you can also purchase white polos from these alternate providers. Refer to the requirements document for more info.
- For the remainder of the 2022-23 school year only, logo items not purchased from DGN Kilters will be permitted. Navy formal sweaters and cardigans will be permitted indefinitely, provided they remain in good condition. Refer to the requirements document for more info.
- The school has some used uniforms available for purchase. Contact the school office for more information about our stock.
- We also have a private Facebook group for parents to buy and sell used uniforms. You will need to request to join. Acceptance may take a few days to process. Here is the link to the group:
USED UNIFORM FACEBOOK GROUP
It is the board’s desire for our school to stand out in the Durham Region as a place where we educate, encourage, and equip our students with academic excellence as they learn and grow in their faith. We believe our uniforms help to communicate our commitment to do just that.
If you have any questions about our uniform policy or requirements, please email uniform committee at email@example.com