Why Choose Immanuel?
There are many things that make Immanuel Christian School a great choice for you to send your child too. Our class sizes are small, our connections with the community, our academic success, our proud traditions in sport, the excellence of our award winning music program, our adventurous robotics program and, of course, the calibre of our staff.
Above all, however, we are distinguished by our students; they are our finest ambassadors. They are diverse – we welcome students of all faiths and backgrounds – and they are engaging. When you meet them, you will perceive their open sincerity. They have high academic aspirations and they take their studies seriously. They care for each other in daily life and through the School’s mentoring and house systems; and they enjoy long after their time at School the camaraderie that comes of playing sport, performing, camping and giving in community service together.
We aim to educate and build character in students to recognize and use their abilities to serve others.
“Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not people, because you know that the Lord will reward each one for whatever good they do.”
Ephesians 6:7 & 8
- Certified teachers OTC, CSTC
- Small class size
- Alignment with Ontario Ministry of Education guidelines
- Instrumental Music Program – Award winning band
- Literacy Place for Early Years -Comprehensive strategy based literacy resource for every levels of increasing ability
- Science Fair / Public Speaking – Integrates skills children are taught, develops confidence, competence and a spirit of inquiry
- Leadership Activity Board (student council) – students plan school spirit days
- X-treme Wilderness Hike – 4 days,“right of passage” adventure
- Fair Glen Camp – outdoor education
- Jazz Band, Concert Band, Junior Band – public performances, concerts and festivals
- Battle of the Books – competitive event for avid readers
- School in the Mall
- Robotics program
- Weekly chapel
- Nursing home visits
- Grandparent/ Grandfriends day
- Senior Homes Christmas Carolling
- Grandparent reading program
- Flag Football at the Rogers Center
- Banquet and Auction
- Golf Tournament
- Christmas program
- Spring program
EXTRA CURRICULAR SPORTS:
- Flag Football
- Cross Country
- Track and Field
- Regular Uniform (daily)
- Full Dress Uniform (events and trips)
- Hot Lunch is currently offered once a week and for special events.
BUSING – Two Options:
- Zone pickup
- Door to Door
- 7:00 a.m. – 8:35 p.m.
- 3:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m
- Day camp available on PD days